Job Position: Executive Assistant
Job Location: San Diego, CA
Summary: The Executive Assistant shall assist the Commander Naval Surface Force, U.S. Pacific Fleet located at Naval Base Coronado, San Diego, CA. This support will include program analysis and strategic communications in support of the Management and Financial Administration Analysis support services to the CNSF staff.
- Draft email, correspondence, and naval messages (daily, as required).
- Respond to and initiate telephone calls (daily, as required).
- Schedule telephone conferences, Video teleconferences and meetings, to include location, equipment, calendar invitations and attendee tracking, and briefing binders.
- Maintain the Organizational Chart (daily, as required).
- Develop briefing packages, slides, spreadsheets, and talking points (daily, as required)
- Maintain electronic files of Executive Directorate documents (daily, as required)
- Perform research as required on special interest topics, coordinate with stakeholders, prepare presentations on data acquired, and brief the Executive Director on findings, to include metrics when available, summary and recommendations (weekly, as required
- Update daily electronic schedule (daily, as required).
- Provide draft meeting agendas (daily, as required).
- Prepare and provide slide decks (daily, as required).
- Provide tracking for action items (daily, as required).
- Prepare daily binder, including collection of read-ahead and briefs for all meetings (daily).
- Update status of ACOS Task List; identify overdue items, coordinate with tasked entity/directorate for progress update, and schedule follow up meetings with the NACOS (daily, as required).
- Brief the ACOS on the daily schedule, make changes as directed (daily, as required)
- Maintain the ACOS’ mid and long-range schedule, provide weekly review of next calendar week (mid-range), and monthly review of long-range schedule (weekly, monthly, as required).
- Order office supplies (weekly, as required).
- Provide additional direct administrative support as established by the supported Government Executive (daily, as required)
- Plan, prioritize, and deconflict assigned tasks to provide executive level support (daily, as required).
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years’ experience providing executive level management support
- Expert level proficient using MS Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Microsoft Teams).
- Executive level communications skills, both oral
- Ability to coordinator, prioritize and deconflict executive level task, with minimal direction
- Ability to quantitatively review deliverables for completeness prior to submission to Executive/Leadership personnel
- Ability to take initiative, problem solve and anticipate required actions
- Knowledge of TYCOM mission, goals and initiatives, directorates, and their respective functions
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships, professional demeanor, and attitude
- Must have a security clearance “secret” level
Position type: Full Time
Benefits: Health, Life, LTD, 401K, FSA, Sick Leave, and Vacation
Education: BA degree in Business Administration or related field
Requirement: Must be US Citizen
Clearance Level: Secret Level required, must have a current US Government Clearance
Employment is contingent on a) your ability to provide appropriate proof of your identity and eligibility to work in the United States; (b) your references and any background check being satisfactory to the Company; (c) successfully passing a pre-employment drug test.
VCT Overview: Headquartered in San Diego, California, Virtual Computing Technology (a Woman Owned Small Business, SBA 8 (a)) is a leading provider of innovative IT solutions, technology, management, staffing, and engineering services that delivered superior results to the government and commercial clients. Combining deep industry expertise with best-in-breed technologies. VCT knows how to deliver solutions that help government organizations reduces cost, improve profitability, and build competitive advantage. Please visit our website www.vcomptech.com.