Job Position: General Clerk II
Job Location: Lemoore, CA
Provide Clerical support for Commander Naval Air Forces (CNAF) Squadron Administrative Support Services.
Task and Responsibilities
- Perform clerical duties such as answering telephones, greeting visitors to the office and department, operate office equipment and answer questions regarding office procedures and policies.
- Maintain office files including administering receipt, distribution processing, control and distribution of all incoming and outgoing correspondence, proper filing procedures, ensuring accurate and up-to-date files, proper record disposal, and updating/maintaining a tickler file for timely submission of recurring reports.
- Draft and review correspondence for completeness, grammatical and procedural correctness in accordance with Navy policies and command standards.
- Review and maintain documents for completeness prior to entering a tracking system while ensuring established guidelines are met.
- Perform data entry on computers utilizing current versions of Microsoft Windows, and Microsoft Office applications, i.e., Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, and other related programs.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by the Assistant Site Manager and Site Manager.
- The contractor shall prepare draft Temporary Duty (TDY) orders. It will, track travel expenses, and Defense Travel System (DTS) authorizations and vouchers.
- Modify travel documents to correct administrative errors prior to approval by an authorized government official.
- Review Government employee travel documents for accuracy, providing recommended changes, additions as required by the JTR.
- Input and maintain lines of accounting to be used for government travel by government employees and assign them to specific groups of travelers.
- Maintain government-approved budgets and travel targets for associated lines of accounting within DTS.
- Perform investigative research and/or help desk functions to assist travelers in resolving DTS and Government Travel Credit Card (GTCC) related issues.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- US Citizenship is required
- SECRET Clearance is required
- CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT: Per E.O. 14043, selectee(s) must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by 11/22/2021 or date of employment (which ever comes later) except in limited circumstances where an exemption is approved due to a disability or sincerely held religious beliefs
- Proficient using MS Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Must be dependable
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships, professional demeanor, and attitude
May be required to work in areas in or near a hangar/ flight line that may be noisy at times. May be exposed to moderate discomforts, such as heat, cold and wind. May be required to wear personal protective equipment when in or passing thru a hazardous area.
- Office environment (generally)
- Hangar and flight line (infrequent)
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Position type: Full Time/Non-Exempt
Hours to Work: Monday through Friday, eight (8) hours per day. Evenings or weekends may be required as job duties demand. Hours are subject based on the needs of the squadron.
Base Rate: $19.38/hour
Under Union International Association of Machinists (IAM) District 725
Benefits: Health, Life, LTD, 401K, FSA, Sick Leave, and Vacation
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Requirement: Must be US Citizen
Clearance Level: Shall possess and maintain Secret Level Security Clearance