Job Position: General Clerk II
Job Location: Lemoore, CA
Provide Clerical support for Commander Naval Air Forces (CNAF) Squadron Administrative Support Services.
Task and Responsibilities:
- Perform clerical duties such as answering telephone, greeting visitors to the office and department, operate office equipment and answer questions regarding office procedures and policies.
- Maintain office files including administering receipt, distribution processing, control and distribution of all incoming and outgoing correspondence, proper filing procedures, ensuring accurate and up-to-date files, proper record disposal, and updating/maintaining a tickler file for timely submission of recurring reports.
- Maintain and update command publications, notices, instructions, and directives periodically.
- Draft and review correspondence for completeness, grammatical and procedural correctness in accordance with Navy policies and command standards.
- Review and maintain documents for completeness prior to entering a tracking system while ensuring established guidelines are met.
- Draft and review fitness reports/evaluations, award recommendations, and briefings.
- Perform data entry on computers utilizing current versions of Microsoft Windows, and Microsoft Office applications, i.e., Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, and other related programs.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by the Assistant Site Manager and Site Manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a current SECRET Clearance
- CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT: Per E.O. 14043, selectee(s) must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by 11/22/2021 or date of employment (which ever comes later) except in limited circumstances where an exemption is approved due to a disability or sincerely held religious beliefs
- US Citizenship
- Proficient using MS Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Must be dependable
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships, professional demeanor, and attitude
Position type: Full Time/ Non-Exempt
Benefits: Health, Life, LTD, 401K, FSA, Sick Leave, and Vacation
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Requirement: Must be US Citizen
Clearance Level: Secret Level required, must have a current US Government Clearance
Employment is contingent on a) your ability to provide appropriate proof of your identity and eligibility to work in the United States; (b) your references and any background check being satisfactory to the Company; (c) you successfully passing a pre-employment drug test; and d) your ability to get a required clearance by your effective start date.
VCT Overview: Headquartered in San Diego, California, Virtual Computing Technology (a Woman Owned Small Business, SBA 8 (a)) is a leading provider of innovative IT solutions, technology, management, staffing, and engineering services that delivered superior results to the government and commercial clients. Combining deep industry expertise with best-in-breed technologies. VCT knows how to deliver solutions that help government organizations reduces cost, improve profitability, and build competitive advantage. Please visit our website www.vcomptech.com.