Job Position: General Clerk II VQ1
Job Location: NAS Whidbey Island, Oak Harbor, WA
Seeking an administrative professional, familiar with an aviation squadron environment, to provide administrative services in the Operations Department, in support of Commander, Naval Air Forces (CNAF) squadron personnel at Naval Air Station Whidbey Island, WA
Task and Responsibilities:
• Perform clerical duties such as answering telephone, greeting customers to the office and department, operate office equipment and answer questions regarding office procedures and policies.
• Maintain office files including administering receipt, distribution processing, control and distribution of all incoming and outgoing correspondence, proper filing procedures, ensuring accurate and up-to-date files, proper record disposal, and updating/maintaining a tickler file for timely submission of recurring reports.
• Perform data entry and add/remove personnel from SHARP database as required • Update and maintain aircrew logbooks
• Accurately track command flight hours utilizing SHARP database, NAVFLIRs and provided reports
• Review and maintain documents for completeness prior to entering a tracking system while ensuring established guidelines are met.
• Draft and review fitness reports/evaluations, award recommendations, and briefings. • Perform data entry on computers utilizing current versions of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications, i.e., Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, and other related programs.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the Assistant Site Manager and Site Manager.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Must have a current SECRET Clearance
• CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT: Per E.O. 14043, selectee(s) must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by 11/22/2021 or date of employment (which ever comes later) except in limited circumstances where an exemption is approved due to a disability or sincerely held religious beliefs
• US Citizenship
• Proficient using MS Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook) • Excellent written and verbal communication
• Must be dependable
380 Stevens Ave., Ste. 213, Solana Beach, CA 92075 | Phone: 858.847.2000 | Fax: 858.228.9797
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships, professional demeanor, and attitude
Position type: Full Time/ Non-Exempt
Benefits: Health, Life, LTD, 401K, FSA, Sick Leave, and Vacation
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Requirement: Must be US Citizen
Clearance Level: Secret Level required, must have a current US Government Clearance Work Environment:
May be required to work in areas in or near a hangar/ flight line that may be noisy at times. May be exposed to moderate discomforts, such as heat, cold and wind. May be required to wear personal protective equipment when in or passing thru a hazardous area.
• Office environment (generally)
• Hangar and flight line (infrequent)
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Employment is contingent on a) your ability to provide appropriate proof of your identity and eligibility to work in the United States; (b) your references and any background check being satisfactory to the Company; (c) you successfully passing a pre-employment drug test; and d) your ability to get a required clearance by your effective start date.