Job Position: General Clerk II
Job Location: San Diego, CA
Provide Clerical support for Commander Naval Air Forces (CNAF) Squadron Administrative Support Services.
Task and Responsibilities:
- Perform clerical duties such as answering telephones, greeting visitors to the office and department, operating office equipment and answering questions regarding office procedures and policies.
- Maintain office files including administering receipt, distribution processing, control and distribution of all incoming and outgoing correspondence, proper filing procedures, ensuring accurate and up-to-date files, proper record disposal, and updating/maintaining a tickler file for timely submission of recurring reports.
- Maintain and update command publications, notices, instructions, and directives periodically.
- Draft and review correspondence for completeness, grammatical and procedural correctness in accordance with Navy policies and command standards.
- Review, and maintain documents for completeness prior to entering a tracking system while ensuring established guidelines are met.
- Draft and review fitness reports/evaluations, award recommendations, and briefings.
- Perform data entry on computers utilizing current versions of Microsoft Windows, and Microsoft Office applications, i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, and other related programs.
- Pick up and drop off mail to/from the local post office.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by the Assistant Site Manager and Site Manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- US Citizenship is required.
- SECRET Clearance is required.
- CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT: Per E.O. 14043, selectee(s) must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by 11/22/2021 or date of employment (which ever comes later) except in limited circumstances where an exemption is approved due to a disability or sincerely held religious beliefs.
- Proficient using MS Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Must be dependable.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships, professional demeanor, and attitude.
Position type: Full Time/Non-Exempt
Hours to Work: Monday through Friday, eight (8) hours per day. Evenings or weekends may be required as job duties demand. Hours are subject based on the needs of the squadron.
Base Rate: $18.52/hour
Under Union International Association of Machinists (IAM) District 725
Benefits: Health, Life, LTD, 401K, FSA, Sick Leave, and Vacation
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Requirement: Must be US Citizen
Clearance Level: Shall possess and maintain Secret Level Security Clearance