Job Position: General Clerk II
Job Location: Naval Base, San Diego, CA
Shall provide Clerical support for Command Naval Air Forces (CNAF).
• Perform clerical duties such as answering telephone, greeting visitors to the office and department, operate office equipment and answer questions regarding office procedures and policies.
• Maintain office files including administering receipt, distribution processing, control and distribution of all incoming and outgoing correspondence, proper filing procedures, ensuring accurate and up-to-date files, proper record disposal, and updating/maintaining a tickler file for timely submission of recurring reports.
• Maintain and update command publications, notices, instructions, and directives periodically.
• Draft and review correspondence for completeness, grammatical and procedural correctness in accordance with Navy policies and command standards. • Review, and maintain documents for completeness prior to entering a tracking system while ensuring established guidelines are met.
• Draft and review fitness reports/evaluations, award recommendations, and briefings.
• Perform data entry on computers utilizing current versions of Microsoft Windows, and Microsoft Office applications, i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and other related programs.
• Pick up and drop off mail to/from the local post office.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned by the Assistant Site Manager and Site Manager.
• Proficient using MS Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) • Excellent written and verbal communication
• Must be dependable
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships, professional demeanor, and attitude
• Must have an active security clearance “secret” level
This document contains proprietary and confidential information of Virtual Computing Technology (VCT) and shall not be used, disclosed or reproduced, in whole or in part, for any purpose without the prior written consent of Virtual Computing Technology
Position type: Full Time
Job Rate: $16.54/Hour
Benefits: Health, Life, LTD, 401K, FSA, Sick Leave, and Vacation
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Requirement: Must be US Citizen
Clearance Level: Secret Level required, must have a current US Government Clearance
Employment is contingent on a) your ability to provide appropriate proof of your identity and eligibility to work in the United States; (b) your references and any background check being satisfactory to the Company; (c) you successfully passing a pre employment drug test; and d) your ability to get a required clearance by your effective start date.
VCT Overview: Headquartered in San Diego, California, Virtual Computing Technology (a Woman Owned Small Business, SBA 8 (a)) is a leading provider of innovative IT solutions, technology, management, staffing, and engineering services that delivered superior results to the government and commercial clients. Combining deep industry expertise with best-in-breed technologies. VCT knows how to deliver solutions that help government organizations reduces cost, improve profitability, and build competitive advantage. Please visit our website www.vcomptech.com.
380 Stevens Ave., Ste. 213, Solana Beach, CA 92075 | Phone: 858.847.2000 | Fax: 858.228.9797