Job Position: General Clerk III
Job Location: NAS Whidbey Island, WA
Job Description: The General Clerk III shall ensure the effective and efficient operation of Advanced Skills Management (ASM) Fleet Administrator task operations, in accordance with CNAFINST 4790.2 (series), for Commander, Naval Air Forces (CNAF).
Seeking an administrative professional, familiar with an aviation squadron environment, to provide administrative support services as an assistant to the Advanced Skills Management (ASM) Fleet Administrator at Naval Air Station Whidbey Island, WA.
• Perform clerical duties such as answering telephone, greeting visitors to the office and department, operate office equipment and answer questions regarding office procedures and policies.
• Prepare and distribute SE Licenses for assigned military personnel.
• Review for accuracy and format all maintenance training data within ASM submitted by military personnel and report discrepancies to the Assistant Maintenance Officer (AMO). • Maintain office files including administering receipt, distribution processing, control and distribution of all incoming and outgoing correspondence, proper filing procedures, ensuring accurate and up-to-date files, proper record disposal, and updating/maintaining a tickler file for timely submission of recurring reports.
• Maintain and update command publications, notices, instructions, and directives periodically.
• Draft and review correspondence for completeness, grammatical and procedural correctness in accordance with Navy policies and command standards.
• Review, and maintain documents for completeness prior to entering a tracking system while ensuring established guidelines are met.
• Perform data entry on computers utilizing current versions of Microsoft Windows, and Microsoft Office applications, i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and other related programs.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned by the Site Manager and Assistant Site Manager.
Required education/skills background:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• US Citizenship
• Must have a current SECRET Clearance
• CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT: Per E.O. 14043, selectee(s) must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by 11/22/2021 or date of employment (which ever comes later) except in limited circumstances where an exemption is approved due to a disability or sincerely held religious beliefs
• Proficient using MS Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) • Excellent written and verbal communication
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships, professional demeanor, and attitude. • Proficient using MS Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) • Excellent written and verbal communication
• Must be dependable
• Excellent interpersonal skills
May be required to work in areas in or near a hangar/ flight line that may be noisy at times. May be exposed to moderate discomforts, such as heat, cold and wind. May be required to wear personal protective equipment when in or passing thru a hazardous area.
• Office environment (generally)
• Hangar and flight line (infrequent)
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Position type: Full Time/Non-Exempt
Benefits: Health, Life, LTD, 401K, FSA, Sick Leave, and Vacation
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Requirement: Must be US Citizen
Clearance Level: Secret Level required, must have a current US Government Clearance
Employment is contingent on a) your ability to provide appropriate proof of your identity and eligibility to work in the United States; (b) your references and any background check being satisfactory to the Company; (c) you successfully passing a pre- employment drug test; and d) your ability to get a required clearance by your effective start date.
VCT Overview: Headquartered in San Diego, California, Virtual Computing Technology (a Woman Owned Small Business, SBA 8 (a)) is a leading provider of innovative IT solutions, technology, management, staffing, and engineering services that delivered superior results to the government and commercial clients. Combining deep industry expertise with best-in-breed technologies. VCT knows how to deliver solutions that help government organizations reduces cost, improve profitability, and build competitive advantage. Please visit our website www.vcomptech.com.
This document contains proprietary and confidential information of Virtual Computing Technology (VCT) and shall not be used, disclosed or reproduced, in whole or in part, for any purpose without the prior written consent of Virtual Computing Technology