Virtual Computing Technology is seeking for a Media Analyst to provide CNAP communication efforts for the Public Affairs Office (PAO) in San Diego, CA. This support will include continually measuring and enhancing the effectives.
- Support the Public Affairs (PA) communication mission including: media releases (with accompanying visual), PA guidance (PAG), internal/external speeches, outreach programs, training events, response to query/request for information (RTQ/RFI), awards presentations, and HQ staff events.
- Monitor communication products to ensure accuracy in relation to messaging and identify issues, relevant discussions, important policies, and current events that support the long-term public relations efforts, based on mission, availability of resources, and established priorities.
- Provide scheduling, planning, and coordinating support for the PA outreach programs.
- Utilize social media (i.e. LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, etc.) to reach audiences outside the typical public media release sphere, creating conversations and engagement with these new audiences.
- Coordinate the networking of social media sites between surface ships and shore commands.
- Maintain an electronic document library of all PA records and files for operations and exercises that the PAO supports.
- Research Surface Forces issues and news organize information from multiple sources, and present in written form information that can be made comprehensible to a wider audience of readers.
- Develop a process to monitor and assess the significance of media coverage and conversations, online and on social media platforms.
- Provide mass media monitoring and analysis, with a specific focus on the news media.
- Analyzing Social Media for tone, engagement, and demographic/geographic.
- Prepare twelve 12 Monthly Assessment reports, four Quarterly “Wrap Up” reports, and up to six Ad Hoc reports.
- Leverage data reporting and experience to generate hypotheses and actionable recommendations to the customer’s public affairs team to improve the performance of communication goals/campaigns.
- Maintain a working calendar to lead the direction of the public affairs team by integrating commander’s intent and the PAO’s strategic vision with a clear schedule of short- and long- term public affairs worthy events.
- Copy, edit, and/or draft talking points, remarks, press releases and other public affairs products.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Security Clearance: Active “Secret” level clearance
- Bachelor (or higher) Degree in any of the following fields: Analytics, Business Administration, Digital Media, Marketing, Media & Multimedia Arts
- At least 5+ years of experience with Strategic Communications, Stakeholder engagement.
- Must have a sharp, analytical mind with a history of turning data into actionable insights and recommendations to optimize communication campaigns.
- Must have knowledge of traditional and digital media and understand how and why they are utilized in developing strategic campaigns.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of digital media workflow, measurement, research, optimization, and testing methods.
- Must have outstanding written and verbal communication skills including conducting executive level presentation (e.g. presentations directed to CEO, COO, and for military – O6 and above level).
- Must have excellent project management skills; strong attention to detail and cross-team collaboration
- Strong working knowledge of analytics platforms and tools (DoubleClick, Facebook, Google Analytics), BI Tools (Tableau, Domo etc.).
- Proficiency with syndicated and proprietary media research tools.
- Advanced user Microsoft Office Suite and reporting tools. Very strong Excel skills.
- Experienced working in the digital analytics field.
- Structured Query Language (SQL) ability a plus.
Typing involves the use of keyboard of person computer type work processor and associated equipment, such as a printer, scanner, and copies. There may be some walking, standing, bending, carrying of light items such as paper or small parts. No special physical demands are required to perform the duties of this position. The work is typically performed in office setting, which required normal safety precautions typical of an office environment. The office is well lighted and heated.
VCT Overview: Headquartered in San Diego, California, Virtual Computing Technology (a Woman Owned Small Business, SBA 8 (a)) is a leading provider of innovative IT solutions, technology, management, staffing, and engineering services that delivered superior results to the government and commercial clients. Combining deep industry expertise with best-in-breed technologies. VCT knows how to deliver solutions that help government organizations reduces cost, improve profitability, and build competitive advantage. Please visit our website www.vcomptech.com.