Job Position: Navy Validator, Level II
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA
Summary: The Naval Surface Warfare Center Philadelphia Division (NSWCPD) is a Department of Defense (DoD) entity responsible for HM&E research and development, test and evaluation, engineering and fleet support organization for the Navy’s ships, submarines, military watercraft, and unmanned vehicles. NSWCPD is responsible for multiple technical branches in support of Risk Management Framework (RMF) package development to ensure systems receive full Authority To Operate (AO), RMF System Validation of those associated packages and provide Cyber Security and Information Assurance (IA) Harding of Ashore and Afloat systems.
- Provide security risk management framework (RMF) and Assessment and Authorization (A&A) guidance and process (Apply Navy A&A guidance to Navy A&A efforts).
- Plan, execute, and document risk assessment.
- Work with the government validators and Project Management Offices (PMOs) to provide support and guidance throughout the program/system lifecycle.
- Work closely with system owners, technical leads, and cybersecurity staff.
- Integrate and implement computer system security solutions.
- Make recommendations on ways to improve productivity, reduce vulnerabilities, and validate accreditation packages to ensure all systems are authorized and operational.
- Collect, organize, summarize, and report various data.
- Prepare final deliverable reports.
- Demonstrates an understanding of all subject areas in A&A. Average to above-average familiarity and understanding of Navy RDT&E and business systems, systems, and infrastructure.
- Develop documentation, prepare final deliverable reports, and destruction of documents, as required.
- Perform other duties assigned.
- Minimum Experience: Four (4) years IA or A&A experience.
- Completed Department of the Navy (DON) and Risk Management Framework (RMF) validator training course.
- Must hold an active Navy Validator II Certification
- 2 – 5 years’ experience in cybersecurity or Navy A&A related field.
- Experience in MS Office products, including Visio and scanning software/ hardware.
- Experience with evaluating hardware/software functional requirements.
- Attention to Detail
- Strong Oral and Written Communication
- Problem Solving
- Reporting Skills
- Data Processing
- High-level of Customer Service
Position type: Full Time
Benefits: Health, Life, LTD, 401K, FSA, Sick Leave, and Vacation
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or IT related field
Requirement: Must be US Citizen
Clearance Level: Secret Level required, must have a current US Government Clearance
Employment is contingent on a) your ability to provide appropriate proof of your identity and eligibility to work in the United States; (b) your references and any background check being satisfactory to the Company; (c) successfully passing a pre-employment drug test; and d) your ability to get a required clearance by your effective start date.