Job Position: Proposal Manager
Job Location: Remote
This position is responsible for managing and coordinating activities related to the development, planning and scheduling of proposals for company products and/or services. Participates in and coordinates the writing, editing, final production, and delivery of the proposal. Implements policies and procedures to ensure business objectives are met. Provides leadership and guidance in implementing new/revised objectives and maintains liaisons with other department managers.
- Develops and executes proposal plans, estimate resources, analyzes RFP’s, creates outlines and compliance matrices.
- Serve as the primary interface with management, business development, finance, and contracts for proposals.
- Ensures on-time delivery of proposals and document lessons learned to improve processes.
- Compile cost, schedule, and technical elements for the development of proposals in accordance with RFP specifications.
- Recommend modifications to proposal policies and procedures.
- Review program proposals submitted by staff, and other sources to determine proposal feasibility.
- Provide direction and guidance to employees involved in the proposal process.
- Participate in the planning, attraction, selection, retention, and development of human resources to ensure the availability of the required professional and technical talent.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for ensuring all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations are observed wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Responsible for ensuring work is accomplished in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- US Citizenship is required.
- 3-5 years of proposal management experience.
- Experience leading proposal volumes and/or performing as a writer on proposal.
- Strong Attention to detail.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills, including strong reading comprehension.
- Team-oriented skills with a demonstrated ability to collaborate, develop rapport, and build relationships.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, project management, and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in computer programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to work as an individual and with a team, flexibility to work non-traditional hours, when necessary, in an often stressful, deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to exercise appropriate judgment and decision-making regarding proposal development, handling classified or confidential information, and working with internal or external customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- Occasional travel required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position type: Part-Time
Hours: Hours are subject based on the needs of the company
Salary: $70,000 -$75,000/year
Benefits: Health, Life, LTD, 401k, FSA, and Sick Leave
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
VCT Overview: Headquartered in San Diego, California, Virtual Computing Technology (a Woman Owned Small Business, SBA 8 (a)) is a leading provider of innovative IT solutions, technology, management, staffing, and engineering services that delivered superior results to the government and commercial clients. Combining deep industry expertise with best-in-breed technologies. VCT knows how to deliver solutions that help government organizations reduce costs, improve profitability, and build competitive advantage. Please visit our website www.vcomptech.com.