Job Position: Secretary 2 (Security)
Job Location: Naval Base, San Diego, CA
Shall provide support for Command Naval Air Forces (CNAF).
• Account manager for DISS, eQIP, and SWFT. Create new accounts, unlocks, and helpdesk support for COMNAVAIRPAC and all subordinate commands. • Provide technical expertise and advisory support regarding Information, Personnel, and Industrial Security Programs to the staff and all Echelon IV commands for Commander Naval Air Forces, U.S. Pacific Fleet.
• Communicates security policies and standards for command and subordinate compliance with security regulations and standards.
• Assists with problems or questions involving the implementations of security guidelines.
• Analyze and resolve security problems using working knowledge of DoD and agency polices.
• Initiates, reviews, and submits security investigations using eQIP for active duty, civilian and unclassified contractor employees. Submits to NBIB and the CAF for investigation and adjudication of eligibility. Submitting completed security investigation packages with no derogatory information to Continuous Evaluation program enrollment.
• Manage DISS accounts for over 1200 military service members, civilian employees, and contractors confirming everyone stationed and assigned to work at COMNAVAIRPAC is qualified and meets the requirements to access sensitive and classified spaces, information, and information systems.
• Uses DISS to investigate and verify security clearances of all military, civilian, and contractor employees ensuring the proper background vetting was applied before validating SAAR-N and TASS forms (DD 1172-2) for appropriate DON program.
• Follows proper directives and paperwork to check-in and transfer all military, civilian, and contractor employees, while using the proper documentation to manage, grant, or deny employees’ security clearances.
• Works closely with COR’s and FSO’s to ensure correct VAL’s and VARs are submitted and processed following directives and contract terms.
• Conducts live training for the command Security Education and Awareness Training program in classified and unclassified Indoctrination, Annual Refresher, Derivative Classification and Counter-intelligence requirements.
• Initiates fingerprinting for initial background investigations using the SWFT+ electronic fingerprinting system.
• Conducts physical security surveys to ensure facilities are certified to hold sensitive or classified material.
This document contains proprietary and confidential information of Virtual Computing Technology (VCT) and shall not be used, disclosed, or reproduced, in whole or in part, for any purpose without the prior written consent of Virtual Computing Technology
380 Stevens Ave., Ste. 213, Solana Beach, CA 92075 | Phone: 858.847.2000 | Fax: 858.228.9797
• Subject matter expert on HSPD-12 directive and assists all subordinate commands on all questions to resolve issues on how to successfully obtain and maintain CAC.
• Assesses situations involving personnel, information, and industrial security problems to provide credible references to resolve classification, security procedures, and policy issues.
• Abides by the DoDM 5200.01 for systematic review for declassification or downgrading and upgrading of classified information. (17) Establishing professional working relationships with coworkers and customers, contributing to a cooperative working environment and successful accomplishment of the command’s TYCOM mission.
• Perform other job-related duties assigned by the Site Manager
• Must have a Current Secret Security Clearance.
• Experience using Defense Information System for Security (DISS)
• Proficient using MS Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) • Excellent written and verbal communication
• Must be dependable
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships, professional demeanor, and attitude
Position Type: $20.18/hr.
Benefits: Health, Life, LTD, FSA, 401K, Sick Leave and Vacation
Education: High School or equivalent
Requirement: Must be US Citizen
Clearance Level: Secret Level required, must have a current US Government Clearance