Job Position: SharePoint Developer
Job Location: San Diego, CA
Summary: The SharePoint Developer will employ SharePoint tools to enhance legacy IT processes by developing mineable online micro services of key readiness metrics and automate the display of current data in a holistic and real-time manner via presentation materials. Metrics efforts shall be aligned with existing metrics entities and products i.e., Corona Material Readiness Data Base, Performance to Plan, and Center for Naval Analysis.
- Configuration and maintenance of command SharePoint sites.
- Install capabilities to allow users to easily extract data in a ready to use, easy to manipulate form e.g., automating Excel and Power Point outputs.
- Design, test, install, and maintain customer software requirements
- Provide on-site support for resolving IT issues.
- Develop and update technical documentation related to software, such as test plans and procedures, troubleshooting guides, and software requirements documentation.
- Write and review technical documentation such as user manuals, product specifications, and training materials.
- Enhance legacy IT processes by developing mineable online microservices of key readiness metrics and automating the display of current data in a holistic and real-time manner via presentation materials provided to decision makers.
- Coordinate application design, development, testing, and implementation with the objective of integrating customer processes and data flows
- Create technical documentation, user guides, and standard operating procedures for required developed processes.
- Update users on new features and provide one-on-one training.
- Create online tools that ease generation of updates to recurring reports and trend analysis efforts, and to enable creation of new and/or ad hoc displays and reports of data.
- Provide Status Report on SharePoint tasks and activities.
- Preform other job-related duties as assigned.
- 5 years’ experience developing SharePoint or web portals, and related on-line productively solutions
- Expert level proficient using SharePoint and MS Office Suite (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Advanced level communications skills, both oral and written
- Must have a solid understanding of the DOM, web applications, and instantiation procedures, including security, session management, and best development practices
- Solid programming background
- Knowledge of Naval acronyms
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as working with a team
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships, professional demeanor, and attitude
- Must have a security clearance “secret” level
Position type: Full Time
Benefits: Health, Life, LTD, 401K, FSA, Sick Leave, and Vacation
Education: BA degree in Information Technology or related field
Requirement: Must be US Citizen
Clearance Level: Secret Level required, must have a current US Government Clearance
Employment is contingent on a) your ability to provide appropriate proof of your identity and eligibility to work in the United States; (b) your references and any background check being satisfactory to the Company; (c) successfully passing a pre-employment drug test.
VCT Overview: Headquartered in San Diego, California, Virtual Computing Technology (a Woman Owned Small Business, SBA 8 (a)) is a leading provider of innovative IT solutions, technology, management, staffing, and engineering services that delivered superior results to the government and commercial clients. Combining deep industry expertise with best-in-breed technologies. VCT knows how to deliver solutions that help government organizations reduces cost, improve profitability, and build competitive advantage. Please visit our website www.vcomptech.com.