Virtual Computing Technology is seeking for a SharePoint Systems Administrator to provide support to the public affairs, visual information, knowledge management, and multimedia services for the Naval Surface Force in San Diego, CA.
- Manage a portion of an enterprise level, template-based web environment and the elements of the WWW that enables the staff to communicate with the many communities of interest (COIs).
- Maintain the public website collection, which consists of more than 170 integrated publicly accessible websites managed centrally in a development environment and deployed to a secure server using a SharePoint environment.
- Ensure the website collection contains up-to-date and historically relevant content (provided by the PAO) to include released articles, biographies, photographs, graphics, videos, and links to local news stories and links to sites of interest to homeport families.
- Scan daily DoD publications, websites, and visual media.
- Develop, edit, and/or update original artwork, graphics, and videos to enhance written articles and public websites.
- Develop web design templates and graphics that facilitate ease of updating in the future.
- Utilize Google Analytics or other applicable analytic software to provide monthly trend analysis on website and social media usage.
- Maintain the private NIPRNet website collection which consists of more than 50 integrated DoD user common access card (CAC)-accessible SharePoint websites and a SIPRNet website collection which consists of approximately 10 integrated SharePoint websites.
- Ensure the SharePoint website collections contain up-to-date and archived content provided by the Government staff and claimant commands to include policy/directives, command briefs, calendars/schedules, document collaboration libraries, lists, document workflows, surveys, and visual media.
- Maintain the structure and templates of the SharePoint website collections.
- Monitor the websites for content, security, and integration with other web tools.
- Develop, edit, and/or update original artwork, graphics, and video to enhance site templates and sub-sites.
- Develop, update, and maintain SharePoint and web utility training for Government personnel.
- Provide help desk assistance for web and SharePoint support during normal working hours to include public website updates, new user approval requests, individual and group rights access requests, SharePoint issues and problems, visual media inputs, social media inputs, and webmaster or group administration inputs.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Security Clearance: Active “Secret” level clearance
- Degree in the area of MIS, CIS, or Computer Science preferred.
- At least ten (10) years of experience in business process analysis, knowledge management solutions, user interface development, business logic development.
- Preferred certification – SharePoint Certification or newer Office 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert Certification.
- At least five (5) years of experience in SharePoint 2013 and InfoPath, and experience supporting a Microsoft software development environment.
- Familiar with browser testing and debugging.
- Experience within 5 years in designing and developing custom workflows.
- Deep knowledge of all out-of-the-box SharePoint features & configurations and have experience with assisting customers to organize their SharePoint site content.
- Working knowledge of responsive web design, typography, color, design style, usability principles, and best practices.
- Ability to establish project plans, regularly monitor and track progress on work projects, and ensure appropriate communications with project partners.
- Ability to design, develop, test, and troubleshoot system applications.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skill, necessary to communicate intricate job-related processes to internal and external customers.
- Possesses 3-5 years’ experience utilizing PA/KM tools: Microsoft Office (including InfoPath and Visio), Microsoft SharePoint and SharePoint Services, and SharePoint Designer, converting business requirements into technical solutions, implementing and deploying custom SharePoint features to enhance out of the box SharePoint functionality and with permission levels on SharePoint sites for users and lists.
- Experience in Department of Defense’ related or similar tasks as PWS tasks 5.1 thru 5.1.6.
Typing involves the use of keyboard of person computer type work processor and associated equipment, such as a printer, scanner, and copies. There may be some walking, standing, bending, carrying of light items such as paper or small parts. No special physical demands are required to perform the duties of this position. The work is typically performed in office setting, which required normal safety precautions typical of an office environment. The office is well lighted and heated.
VCT Overview: Headquartered in San Diego, California, Virtual Computing Technology (a Woman Owned Small Business, SBA 8 (a)) is a leading provider of innovative IT solutions, technology, management, staffing, and engineering services that delivered superior results to the government and commercial clients. Combining deep industry expertise with best-in-breed technologies. VCT knows how to deliver solutions that help government organizations reduces cost, improve profitability, and build competitive advantage. Please visit our website www.vcomptech.com.