Virtual Computing Technology is seeking for a SharePoint Technical Architect to provide Administrative and Technical support to CNSP’s Public Affairs (PA) and Knowledge Management (KM) Public Affairs Office (PAO) in San Diego, CA. Will provide support to all Pacific Fleet Ships.
- Manage a portion of the enterprise level, template-based web environment and the elements of the WWW that enables the staff to communicate with the many communities of interest (COIs).
- Maintain the public website collection, which consists of more than 170 integrated publicly accessible websites managed centrally by CNSP in a development environment and deployed to a secure server using a SharePoint environment.
- Monitor websites for content, security, and integration with other tools on the publicly accessible web such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Flickr, Google Analytics, Google Web Master Tools, Wikipedia, and YouTube.
- Scan daily DoD publications, websites, and visual media.
- Develop, edit, and/or update original artwork, graphics, and videos to enhance written articles and public websites.
- Develop web design templates and graphics that facilitate ease of updating in the future.
- Maintain the private NIPRNet website collection which consists of more than 50 integrated DoD user common access card (CAC)-accessible SharePoint websites and a SIPRNet website collection which consists of approximately 10 integrated SharePoint websites.
- Ensure the SharePoint website collections contain up-to-date and archived content provided by the Government staff and claimant commands to include policy/directives, command briefs, calendars/schedules, document collaboration libraries, lists, document workflows, surveys, and visual media.
- Maintain the structure and templates of the SharePoint website collections.
- Monitor the websites for content, security, and integration with other web tools.
- Develop, update, and maintain SharePoint and web utility training for Government personnel.
- Provide help desk assistance for Web and SharePoint support during normal working hours to include public website updates, new user approval requests, individual and group rights access requests, SharePoint issues and problems, visual media inputs, social media inputs, and webmaster or group administration inputs.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Security Clearance: Active “Secret” level clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in the area of MIS, CIS, or Computer Science preferred
- Preferred certification – MCA: Microsoft SharePoint
- Must have recent experience within 5 years in design and implementation of a higher headquarters (Echelon 3) SharePoint collaboration site to include creating and customizing templates, taxonomy, and workflow.
- Must have recent experience within 5 years in implementation of an ashore or afloat SharePoint environment.
- Must have excellent communication and organization skills, business analysis capabilities, documentation skills, self-motivation, project leadership expertise, and maintain outstanding professionalism.
- Experience creating custom sites, custom master pages, page layouts, custom web parts, display templates, branding. Department of Defense experience in related PWS tasks 5.1 – 5.1.6
Typing involves the use of keyboard of person computer type work processor and associated equipment, such as a printer, scanner, and copies. There may be some walking, standing, bending, carrying of light items such as paper or small parts. No special physical demands are required to perform the duties of this position. The work is typically performed in office setting, which required normal safety precautions typical of an office environment. The office is well lighted and heated.
VCT Overview: Headquartered in San Diego, California, Virtual Computing Technology (a Woman Owned Small Business, SBA 8 (a)) is a leading provider of innovative IT solutions, technology, management, staffing, and engineering services that delivered superior results to the government and commercial clients. Combining deep industry expertise with best-in-breed technologies. VCT knows how to deliver solutions that help government organizations reduces cost, improve profitability, and build competitive advantage. Please visit our website www.vcomptech.com.