The Shipping and Receiving Clerk shall provide supply, logistic, and administrative support for U.S. Navy submarine programs; specific tasking will include the following:
- Verify and maintain records on incoming and outgoing shipments. Prepare items for shipment.
- Duties include assembling, addressing, stamping, and shipping merchandise or material; receiving, unpacking, verifying and recording incoming merchandise or material; and arranging for the transportation of products.
- Prepare and edit technical and administrative documentation.
- Maintain inventory of office and test equipment, tools and supplies.
- Receive, process, reproduce, distribute, route, file, and maintain unclassified and classified technical and administrative documentation.
- Receive and distribute Defense messages to the Government Division Head and Branch Head and provide assistance in the drafting and sending of Defense message.
- Maintain the visitor sign-in and clearance logs in accordance with established procedures.
- Assist Government travelers with creation of travel orders in the Defense Travel System (DTS) for authorizations and vouchers. Prepare travel order amendments, retrieve orders, and interface with travel offices for changes in orders. Notification of the Government traveler when documents are ready for review and signature.
- Coordinate supply requisitions, conduct market research (i.e., FEDMALL, MILSTRIP, commercial, internet, etc.) and provide pertinent information to Government representative to enter into Navy ERP.
- Coordinate Branch training requirements by contacting vendors/providers (e.g. CPR and First Aid) to research Branch training and providing training information to appropriate Government personnel for entry into Government training system.
- Log and distribute parts and material from shippers or other naval supply system personnel in accordance with established procedures.
- Support the Asset Management team in conducting triennial audits.
- Support Operational Material and Supplies (OM&S) by maintaining Vertical Launch System Peculiar
- Support Equipment (VLS PSE) pre-expended bin items.
Mandatory Skills Requirements:
Two (2) to Five (5) years of U.S. Navy Supply/Logistics. Ability to be trained and certified in forklift and other weight handling equipment. Demonstrate a good attitude and ability to work as a member of a team. Excellent customer service communication skills.
Position type: Full Time
Job Rate: $16.22/Hour
Benefits: Health, Life, LTD, 401K, FSA, Vacation and Sick Leave
Education: Associate degree desired in a field related to supply or logistics
Requirement: Must be US Citizen
Clearance Level: Secret Level required, must have a current US Government Clearance