Job Position: Sr. Accountant
Job Location: Solana Beach, CA
Task and Responsibilities:
- Applies general knowledge of accounting/financial policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain databases, spreadsheets, reports, and forms as needed by the CEO and President.
- Determines propriety of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable accounting entries associated with projects, and accounts in accordance with financial policies, practices, and procedures.
- AP (purchase orders vouchers, subcontractor invoices, journal entries, expense reports), AR (process daily cash receipts and monthly invoice generation)
- Assist with payroll, perform financial audits, assist PM with status reports and cost breakdowns.
- FAR & DFAR compliance.
- Federal Government experience – collected cost actuals & cost forecasting.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the President/CEO and Director of Operations.
- CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT: Per E.O. 14043, selectee(s) must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by 11/22/2021 or date of employment (which ever comes later) except in limited circumstances where an exemption is approved due to a disability or sincerely held religious beliefs
- US Citizenship
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting with 5+ years of experience.
- QuickBooks Proficient
- Efficient in MS Office suite (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to learn and apply accounting concepts, to follow company policies and procedures, and to apply appropriate tools of the accounting profession to accurately complete standard accounting tasks.
- Ability to use established formats to produce accurate, appropriate accounting documentation.
- Must have strong knowledge of computer operation and application, and proficiency with spreadsheets.
- Must be highly organized and have excellent oral and written communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation)
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships, professional demeanor, and attitude
- Time Management – must be able to manage time effectively.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
Position type: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Health, Life, LTD, 401K, FSA, Sick Leave, and Vacation
Education: BA degree in accounting (required)
Requirement: Must be US Citizen
Typing involves the use of keyboard of person computer type work processor and associated equipment, such as a printer, scanner, and copies. There may be some walking, standing, bending, carrying of light items such as paper or small parts. No special physical demands are required to perform the duties of this position. The work is typically performed in office setting, which required normal safety precautions typical of an office environment. The office is well lighted and heated.
VCT Overview: Headquartered in San Diego, California, Virtual Computing Technology (a Woman Owned Small Business, SBA 8 (a)) is a leading provider of innovative IT solutions, technology, management, staffing, and engineering services that delivered superior results to the government and commercial clients. Combining deep industry expertise with best-in-breed technologies. VCT knows how to deliver solutions that help government organizations reduces cost, improve profitability, and build competitive advantage. Please visit our website www.vcomptech.com.