Job Position: Technical Order Librarian Clerk (TOLC)
Job Location: China Lake, CA
The TOLC is responsible for assisting ensuring that all technical publications, Technical Directives and Portable Electronic Maintenance Aids (PEMA) are maintained and current in accordance with governing directives.
Task and Responsibilities:
• Must possess the ability to work independently, without technical guidance, to perform all Central Technical Publication Librarian functions.
• Shall be responsible for requisitioning, receiving, screening, reviewing, routing, distributing as necessary all incoming technical manuals media.
• Receives, orders, and controls all classified and un-classified technical correspondence in accordance with NA-00-25-100 and other applicable maintenance manuals.
• Ensures a central source of up-to-date maintenance information for the use of all personnel in the performance of their work and includes the management of all dispersed libraries in accordance with the CNAFINST 4790.2 (series).
• Manage and ensure all technical publications; Technical Directives (TD) and Portable Electronic Maintenance Aids (PEMA) are maintained and current in accordance with governing directives.
• Coordinate and control the receipt and distribution of TDs, manuals, changes, and revisions in accordance with governing directives.
• Responsible to provide on-the-job training to individual work center Dispersed Technical Publications Librarians (DTPL).
• Shall review individual work center technical publications and make corrections in accordance with NAVAIR 00-25-100, CNAFINST 4790.2 (series) and CNAP/CNALINST 4790.25 (series).
• Maintain a complete the Aeronautical Technical Publications Library Management Course (D/E 555-0007), in accordance with CNAFINST 4790.2 (series).
• Updates to publications, PEMA’s and TDs are processed within timeframes specified by governing directive 100% of the time.
• Manage to ensure that there are no more than three (3) valid customer complaints per quarter.
• A training course is only available through the Navy and will be provided at no cost to the contractor.
• Any and all other duties as directed by the Site Manager.
Required education/skills background:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Shall possess and maintain a SECRET.
• Must be authorized to work in the United States.
• Two (2) years of US Navy/USMC/USCG “O” level CNAFINST 4790.2 (series) aircraft maintenance support experience.
• Knowledge and an understanding of the positions in a U.S. Navy activity as a uniformed service member, civil servant or contractor employee performing routine Administrative, Personnel Administrative Support Services, or Travel Administrative Support Services duties.
• Shall perform requirements in a manner that meet or exceeds CNAFINST 4790.2 (series), applicable Naval Aviation Maintenance Program Standard Operating Procedure (NAMPSOPs), Maintenance Requirement Cards (MRCs) and local NAMSOP instructions
• Proficient using MS Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) • Excellent written and verbal communication
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships, professional demeanor, and attitude.
Hourly Rate: $20.26/hr.
Position type: Full Time/Non-Exempt
Benefits: Health, Life, LTD, 401K, FSA, Sick Leave, and Vacation
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Requirement: Must be US Citizen
Clearance Level: Secret Level required, must have a current U.S. Government Clearance
May be required to work in areas in or near a hangar/ flight line that may be noisy at times. May be exposed to moderate discomforts, such as heat, cold and wind. May be required to wear personal protective equipment when in or passing thru a hazardous area.
• Office environment (generally)
• Hangar and flight line (infrequent)
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Employment is contingent on a) your ability to provide appropriate proof of your identity and eligibility to work in the United States; (b) your references and any background check being satisfactory to the Company; (c) you successfully passing a pre-employment drug test; and d) your ability to get a required clearance by your effective start date.
VCT Overview: Headquartered in San Diego, California, Virtual Computing Technology (a Woman Owned Small Business, SBA 8 (a)) is a leading provider of innovative IT solutions, technology, management, staffing, and engineering services that delivered superior results to the government and commercial clients. Combining deep industry expertise with best-in-breed technologies. VCT knows how to deliver solutions that help government organizations reduces cost, improve profitability, and build competitive advantage. Please visit our website www.vcomptech.com.
This document contains proprietary and confidential information of Virtual Computing Technology (VCT) and shall not be used, disclosed or reproduced, in whole or in part, for any purpose without the prior written consent of Virtual Computing Technology