Job Position: Technical Writer, Level I
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA
Summary: The Naval Surface Warfare Center Philadelphia Division (NSWCPD) is a Department of Defense (DoD) entity responsible for HM&E research and development, test and evaluation, engineering and fleet support organization for the Navy’s ships, submarines, military watercraft, and unmanned vehicles. NSWCPD is responsible for multiple technical branches in support of Risk Management Framework (RMF) package development to ensure systems receive full Authority To Operate (AO), RMF System Validation of those associated packages and provide Cyber Security and Information Assurance (IA) Harding of Ashore and Afloat systems.
- Gathers, analyzes, and composes technical information.
- Research, outline, and write technically accurate documentation that conforms to departmental writing style.
- Work with different teams and conducts research to ensure the use of proper technical terminology and gather content.
- Responsible for creating, revising, or writing standardized material for reports, manuals, briefs, proposals, instruction books, catalogs, and related technical and administrative publications, outlines, and summaries in support of both ashore and afloat systems across multiple platforms.
- Collect, edit, and format technical data into documentation acceptable for distribution.
- Maintains knowledge of changing technology.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Minimum Experience: Two (2) years of experience in technical writing/editing.
- Experience with MS software suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and SharePoint.
- Attention to Detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong technical writing skills
- Strong Oral and Written Communication
Position type: Full Time
Benefits: Health, Life, LTD, 401K, FSA, Sick Leave, and Vacation
Education: Bachelor’s degree from Accredited University or CNSSI 4012 or 4013 or 4014 or 4015 or 4016 Certificate or NDU CISO certificate CCNA or CAP or Security + (CE) or ENSA.
Requirement: Must be US Citizen
Clearance Level: Secret Level required, must have a current US Government Clearance
Employment is contingent on a) your ability to provide appropriate proof of your identity and eligibility to work in the United States; (b) your references and any background check being satisfactory to the Company; (c) successfully passing a pre-employment drug test; and d) your ability to get a required clearance by your effective start date.