Job Position: Travel Clerk II
Job Location: NAS Whidbey Island, WA
Job Description: The Travel Clerk shall ensure the effective and efficient operation for Commander, Naval Air Forces (CNAF).
Seeking an administrative professional, familiar with an aviation squadron environment, to provide administrative services in support of Commander, Naval Air Forces (CNAF) squadron personnel at Naval Air Station Whidbey Island, WA.
Task and Duties:
• Perform clerical duties such as answering telephone, greeting visitors to the office and department, operate office equipment and answer questions regarding office procedures and policies.
• Maintain office files including administering receipt, distribution processing, control and distribution of all incoming and outgoing correspondence, proper filing procedures, ensuring accurate and up-to-date files, proper record disposal, and updating/maintaining a tickler file for timely submission of recurring reports.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned by the Site Manager, Assistant Site Manager, and/or departmental Lead.
• Processes and completing command travel request to generate Authorizations in the Defense Travel System (DTS) for active duty and government service employees to go on official duty travel.
• Receive, process, and submit supporting travel documents and vouchers for reimbursement to travelers.
• Performs the functions of a Non-DTS Entry Agent (NDEA) in the DTS hierarchy to review and submit travel documents in the DTS program.
• Responsible for performing daily office tasks such as filing, recording, maintaining records, copying, and other similar duties, using a computer terminal, and other word processors. • Conducts briefings on proper policies, processes, procedures, and regulations on travel-related expenses, governing government travel cards, and authorized reimbursable expenses. • Retrieve reports from financial banking institution and DTS.
• Usage of Agency Program Coordinator (APC) privileges to ensure military members are compliant with the government travel card and its usage
• Conducts the activation and deactivation of Government Travel Charge Cards (GTCC) for members of the command going and returning from official travel.
• Build GTCC applications for new members of the command during their check-in process.
Required Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
• US Citizenship
• This position is subject to a government security investigation.
• Requires access to Personally Identifiable Information (PII), unclassified sensitive information, unclassified Department of Defense Information Technology (DoD IT) systems, and the host installation or squadron spaces.
• Must be able to receive a Government Common Access Card (CAC), access Government systems, and requirements of Department of Defense (DoD)
• Shall possess and maintain a SECRET Clearance.
• Reliable transportation is necessary to gain access to job site.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT: Per E.O. 14043, selectee(s) must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by 11/22/2021 or date of employment (which ever comes later) except in limited circumstances where an exemption is approved due to a disability or sincerely held religious beliefs.
• Experience and/or familiarity with one or more of the following systems/ processes/functions is desired: Defense Travel System (DTS), Command Pay/Personnel Support System (PASS); Command PASS Coordinator (CPC); Navy Standard Integrated Personnel System (NSIPS), Transaction Online Processing (TOPS), Master Military Pay Account (MMPA), Electronic Service Records (ESR), Navy Family Accountability and Assessment System (NFAAS), (NEOAS), Official Military Personnel File (OMPF), (PERSTEMPO), Transactions Online Processing System (TOPS), Correspondence, Directives (Instructions/Notices), Evals, FITREPs (NAVFIT98), Pilot log books, Flight Schedule (SHARP), and/or BOL Documents Services.
• Proficient using MS Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) • Excellent written and verbal communication
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships, professional demeanor, and attitude.
May be required to work in areas in or near a hangar/ flight line that may be noisy at times. May be exposed to moderate discomforts, such as heat, cold and wind. May be required to wear personal protective equipment when in or passing thru a hazardous area.
• Office environment (generally)
• Hangar and flight line (infrequent)
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Position type: Full Time/Non-Exempt
Benefits: Health, Life, LTD, 401K, FSA, Sick Leave, and Vacation
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Requirement: Must be US Citizen
Clearance Level: Secret Level required, must have a current US Government Clearance
Employment is contingent on a) your ability to provide appropriate proof of your identity and eligibility to work in the United States; (b) your references and any background check being satisfactory to the Company; (c) you successfully passing a pre-employment drug test; and d) your ability to get a required clearance by your effective start date.
VCT Overview: Headquartered in San Diego, California, Virtual Computing Technology (a Woman Owned Small Business, SBA 8 (a)) is a leading provider of innovative IT solutions, technology, management, staffing, and engineering services that delivered superior results to the government and commercial clients. Combining deep industry expertise with best-in-breed technologies. VCT knows how to deliver solutions that help government organizations reduces cost, improve profitability, and build competitive advantage. Please visit our website www.vcomptech.com.