Job Position: Warehouse Specialist
Job Location: Naval Base Point Loma, San Diego, CA
Task and Responsibilities:
- Daily validate of incoming material by comparing items and quantities unloaded against the bill of lading, invoices, manifests, storage receipts, or other records.
- Prepare and keep records of material received and process receipts in Integrated Barcode
- Ensure material receipt documents have quantities circled, printed names and signatures.
with acceptance dates written, prior to filing and stowing material daily.
- Count any damaged items as being received, annotate on the receipt document the quantity that was damaged, and return the damaged material and document to the customer representative daily.
- Scan all receipt and material documents daily in provided scanner system for retention.
- Track shelf-life material, to include monthly physical inventory.
- Organize and straighten supplies, gear, and pallets for maximum space management daily.
- Perform inventory spot checks weekly as determined by annual inventory schedule posted in
each warehouse to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Inspect work areas daily for safety and fire hazards as well as overall cleanliness and maintenance of warehouse areas, reporting all discrepancies.
- Handle all materials going in or out of the warehouse by carrying, operating a 6K forklift, pallet jack, or other elevator daily.
- Ensure inventory database is updated daily to reflect changed location or status of each line item.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the Site Lead.
Required education/skills background:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- US Citizenship is required.
- SECRET Clearance is required.
- CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT: Per E.O. 14043, selectee(s) must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by 11/22/2021 or date of employment (which ever comes later) except in limited circumstances where an exemption is approved due to a disability or sincerely held religious beliefs.
- 3 years’ relevant warehouse experience.
- At least 3 years of experience with inventory management systems including R-Supply and associated integrated barcode system.
- At least 3 years of experience with DoD material receipt accounting procedures.
- Ability to lift/carry items up to 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Valid OSHA-certified license to operate Government Light Service Support Vehicle and 6K forklift.
- Proficient using MS Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Must be dependable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships, professional demeanor, and attitude.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Occasionally/Frequently/Continually required to stand
- Occasionally/Frequently/Continually required to walk
- Occasionally/Frequently/Continually required to sit
- Occasionally/Frequently/Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Occasionally/Frequently/Continually required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Occasionally/Frequently/Continually required to talk or hear
- Occasionally/Frequently/Continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read
technical information, and/or use a keyboard
- Occasionally/Frequently/Continually required to lift/push/carry items less than 25 pounds/ up to 25 pounds/ up to 50 pounds/ more than 50 pounds
- Occasionally/Frequently/Continually exposure to outside weather conditions
- Specialized equipment, machines, or vehicles used
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type: Full Time/Non-Exempt
Hours to Work: Monday through Friday, eight (8) hours per day. Onsite position. Evenings or weekends may be required as job duties demand. Hours are subject based on the needs of the squadron.
Job Rate: $24.90/hour
Benefits: Health, Life, LTD, 401K, FSA, Sick Leave, and Vacation
Education: High School or equivalent
Requirement: Must be US CitizenClearance Level: Shall possess and maintain Secret Level Security Clearance